|686 Ebullient Prism|
|Gender||None -- artificial construct|
|Homeworld||Line Installation 1-4|
686 Ebullient Prism is the Monitor of the Forerunner building known as Line Installation 1-4. Its primary function involved collecting as well as inspecting any specimens captured for evidence of immunity to infestation by the Flood; however, assistance from the specimen in question during inspection is not required to be a voluntary act according to its protocol, likely due to the desperation in trying to stop the Flood when 686 was originally constructed.
- Given 686's location to monitor over, its full name is most likely actually 1-4-686 Ebullient Prism, in conjuncture with all other known Monitors.
- 686 Ebullient Prism was first mentioned in Halo: Blood Line, a Marvel comic by writer Fred Van Lente.
- While still considered a Monitor, it is seen as a different class of Monitor given this unique function - the inspection of specimens.
- The '"686" in Ebullient Prism is a reference to the "343" in Guilty Spark, as it is double the number.
- It is entirely possible that Ebullient Prism may be in a "rampant" state because its "eye" glows red. This being stated, he does not appear to act rampant (although this alone is not a perfect indication of non-rampancy). His outer casing is also similar to 2401 Penitent Tangent's, whose eye is also red, which may be an indication as to why the eye is this hue.