Anyone can suggest policy amendments: Edit
Of course bureaucrats and admins have certain rights, but when it comes to policy amendments, all users have a say in how the wiki is run. Please leave any suggestions below in the following format.
Policy you want to change:
Why you want to change it:
Why you think your amendment would be beneficial to the community:
Once a user puts one of these up, the decision is put to a community vote. The voting format is as follows.
Your vote: (For, Against, Neutral)
After a week, the vote will be closed by a high ranking member of the ASPF. The votes will be tallied, and the amendment will be passed, or denied. DISCLAIMER: If at any time an admiral of the ASPF disagrees with the outcome, they may change the decision of the outcome. This will be entitled to as Executive's Discretion. If an admiral wishes to invoke Executive's Discretion, there must be a reason for it. It will not be looked fondly upon any admiral that uses their Executive's Discretion to slide an outcome in their favor. It must be backed up by a strong argument, and be beneficial for the community. Read more about Executive's Decision here.
New Wiki theme Edit
It has been suggested that we adopt a new theme And i want to find out peoples views on this
- yes --Owen1983 17:40, May 10, 2012 (UTC)
IMV a new theme is a good idea but we need to make sure the them matches the diversity of the ASW --Owen1983 17:40, May 10, 2012 (UTC)
Write below this line.
This amendment for policy has been closed as successfulEdit
As a captain of the ASPF I am closing this policy in the favor of the posed amendment. If there are modifications to this amendment necessary, you must gain the permission of a high ranking ASPF member. --Insurgence: Like the Phoenix I rise again! 18:29, May 28, 2011 (UTC)
The policy that allows the adding of fan-based species on this wiki.
That all fan creations are moved to our sister wiki, Alien fanon.
I wish to change this policy, because I think it is too lenient on fan creations. This wiki is for aliens in movies, books, or other media. If the Alien fanon wiki didn't exist, I would be more lenient with this policy, however, seeing how it does exist, I suggest we move all of our fanon there.
I think this amendment would be beneficial to the community because we would have a more organized space. Since we are specialized with dealing with "real" aliens, I think it would be smart to move all of our fanon to our sister wiki, which is more specialized in dealing with them.
Your name: Holbenilord
Your vote: For
Your reason: To allow us to concentrate on the real wiki subject!
Owen1983 18:42, May 17, 2011 (UTC)
I vote for yes
my reason this wiki is for species from films TV Show and games I think fan articles belong in the alien fanon wiki
Somarinoa 23:29, May 17, 2011 (UTC)
I have to admit that I completely forgot that we even had a sister wiki of fanon. I haven't been there in a while, does it still run and/or run well enough? I originally revamped this wikia for all media (which it was originally "at the discretion of the founder" it appeared), and fanon I've remained relatively neutral on. I've over a thousand alien races on my own as a writer and didn't want to flood the wikia with my own junk. We have a sister wiki however, I believe we should use it. However, we might need to make a distinction, here -- where do we draw the line? Is Snaiad and After Man fanon? What about the Nauceans? Both have been incredibly popular (the Nauceans got my "bossman" - it's creator, HydromancerX - a tour of Maxis during the creation of Spore; I didn't get taken with my Aurix because I was Alaskan and it was significantly more effort to reel me in). Do we count anything from Internet-based stuff not made by some company as fanon, no matter its popularity?
So, as it stands so long as Alien Fanon Wiki is up and running, I say yeah, let's go for it. But again, we might need a policy on distinction in the footsteps of this policy becoming law.
Discussion: You raise an incredibly interesting point there. I would have to agree with you that we would need to draw the line at some point. Perhaps, we allow more famous fanon on this wiki, while less famous user-generated fanon stays out? I think this rule could be lenient enough that it would be to the user's discretion whether to add it or not. More of a common-sense policy than anything else. Example:
Is it featured in media? Add it here!
Is it something that you yourself came up with? Add it to our sister wiki!
--Owen1983 18:51, January 11, 2012 (UTC)
Something rhat was baughr to my attention was that requests on ASW get forgotton and this is not the way we should function but we do and we need to change this. this amendment will insure that requests to ASPF members (staff) are given a timeline in my view this will improve the way the ASPF functions
your vote here
--Owen1983 17:01, February 10, 2012 (UTC) Yes we need more organisation
- I'm for it, but we still have to decide the length of the timeline : ) - BlueFrackle 12:41, February 19, 2012 (UTC)
This amendment for policy has been closed as successful Edit
Tighten up the rulesEdit
It has come to my attention that smut is beginning to invade the wiki.
We need to ensure that the ASW is a fun, inoffensive place to come and edit.
The plan is to allow pages of potentially-offensive content to only be allowed descriptiveness to a level befitting PG-13. This is both because the rule would otherwise be nebulous (the line of what is considered too offensive to belong would be up to the interpretor) and to continue the project's main goal to catalog all alien species to ever have appeared in media.
Your vote here
- --Owen1983 18:51, January 11, 2012 (UTC) yes
- --Somarinoa 19:24, January 11, 2012 (UTC) Yup, as discussed on my talk page, current bottom.
- --HolbenilordTalk₪ 19:56, January 11, 2012 (UTC) I agree with removing all offensive or abhorrent material.
- --BlueFrackle 22:32, January 11, 2012 (UTC) If you're talking omitting unpleasant details of alien anatomy or reproduction I totally agree; things can get pretty awkward with some of Nemo Ramjet's creations for example
- --Lord Phoenix at your service 20:54, January 12, 2012 (UTC) I agree completely. This is a smart resolution.
This Policy amendment has been closed as unsuccessfulEdit
Comments on pagesEdit
Your votes here
- --Owen1983 18:00, February 4, 2012 (UTC) no
- Not surprisingly: yes - BlueFrackle 19:51, February 4, 2012 (UTC)
- Against. Obviously. Lord Phoenix at your service 02:20, February 5, 2012 (UTC)
- I will vote against, at least for now. HolbenilordTalk₪ 09:53, February 5, 2012 (UTC)
- I am on the fence with this one...although if this is what we're talking about, I'm totally against. I keep getting emails from that page, and I have no idea why, and it's really obnoxious. -- Somarinoa 18:21, February 6, 2012 (UTC)
As users are aware we a discussing the said article some people think it should be removed and some people want to keep it
- No, species from distant futures still count as alien. -- Ralok
- No; but keep then on NAC as well, as they're relevant to both wikis -- BlueFrackle (talk) 15:13, November 15, 2012 (UTC)
- No my reason is that although the Eloi are from earth in are perspective they are Aliens. --Owen1983 (talk) 22:02, November 15, 2012 (UTC)
About · Community Portal · Current Events · Manual of Style · Layout Guide · Rules · Policy · Editing Conventions · Naming Conventions · What Makes ASW Unique? · Quality Articles · ASPF · Admin's Council · Admin Guidelines · User Rights · Executive's Decision · Policy Decisions · Notice Board · Assume Good Faith · Civility · Zero Tolerance · POV · RIPW · Userboxes · Awards · Needed Articles · Sandbox