Full Name: Aximili-Esgarrouth-Isthill
Nick Name(s): Ax, Ax-man
Age: Unknown, but old enough to be considered as an aristh (human cadet)
Personality: Loyal. Understanding. Ambitious.
Battle Morph: Andalite (himself)
Best Friend: Tobias (shorm)
When the Yeerks attacked the Andalite fleet over Earth, Ax was left alone inside the ship's dome because he didn't possess the skills, abilities or rank to fight. Aximili was a young cadet at the time and being the only one on board, was left in the Dome as if was "safer" there. When he does provide his own persepective on the event, Ax is kind of ashamed and slightly irritated about it.When Visser Three's Blade Ship snuck up on the Dome Ship, the Andalites released the dome in order to gain more maneuverability. Despite this, the Blade Ship beat the Andalites. Earth's gravitational pull caught the dome, and Aximili crashed into the Pacific Ocean. Ax subsequently managed to acquire a shark morph, but reached out with thought speak, through a special technology (mirror wave technology) to enhance and broadcast it further, it in the hopes that other Andalites would come to rescue him. Instead, his distress call reached the Animorphs, a group of human teenagers who had received the power to morph from his brother Elfangor. After escaping the dome prior to a Yeerk attack and relocating to the forest near the Animorphs' home town, Aximili-dubbed "Ax" by his new friends-joined them in their efforts against the Yeerks. Almost immediately he began recognizing Animorph leader Jake by the title of "Prince Jake," a term of deference given Jake's role as leader.
AppearanceEditAximili is an Andalite, and as such he has the standard Andalite features: centaur-like form covered in blue-and-tan fur, a long muscular tail with a big, scythe-like blade on the end, and two stalk eyes on the top of his head, providing 360 vision. He also has seven fingers on each hand and no mouth, instead communicating via Thought-speak. His human morph has been described as "strange," as if all the Animorphs members-minus Tobias who had become a hawk by this point-were "put through a blender." This is understandable, however, since his human morph is a mix of every human member's DNA. The Frolis maneuver in which Aximili created this DNA combination is a particular form of morphing, unknown to the Animorphs.
Relationships with the other AnimorphsEdit
- Tobias: Of all the Animorphs, Ax is closest to Tobias, whom he considers to be his shorm, an Andalite term roughly translating to best friend. The word shorm literally means "tail blade," the expression being that a shorm is someone you would trust to hold their tail blade to your throat. They bond due to both being outsiders, and this is strengthened by the revelation that Tobias is Ax's nephew.
- Rachel: Ax and Rachel rarely interact outside of a group setting. Ax worries about her bloodthirstiness and violent nature and voices his concerns later in the series, although he still respects her as a warrior.
- Jake: Ax deeply respects Jake, his "prince," and comes to consider him as a true friend. At times, Ax is torn between his loyalties to his human prince and his loyalties to his race.
- Cassie: Ax and Cassie rarely interact one-on-one, two notable exceptions being her inviting him to have dinner with her family (in his Jake morph) and consoling him after Estrid's departure. After Cassie allows Tom to take the Escafil Device, Ax compares her to Seerow and muses in his narrative that her compassion makes her possibly the most dangerous of them all.
- Marco: At first Marco dislikes and distrusts Ax, but as time goes on the two develop a close relationship. After Marco's cover is blown and he has to leave his regular life, he goes to live with Ax at his scoop, and the two bond over electronics and soap operas.
Ax in the Animorphs TV SeriesEditIn the Animorphs TV Series, Ax is portrayed much the same as his book counterpart. However, his Human form appears much more often in the show than in the books. His human name in the series is Max.
|Tiger Shark||The Message|
|Mouse||The Andalite's Gift|
|Great Horned Owl|
|Wolf Spider||The Android|
|Spider Monkey (Unusable, Sario Rip morph)||The Forgotten|
|Jaguar (Unusable, Sario Rip morph)|
|Parrot (Unusable, Sario Rip morph)||The First Journey|
|Chameleon (Unusable, Sario Rip morph)|
|Dolphin||In the Time of Dinosaurs|
|Tyrannosaurus Rex (Unusable, Sario Rip morph)|
|African Elephant||The Solution|
|Baby Seal||The Extreme|
|Polar Bear (Nanook)|
|Giant Squid||The Exposed|
|Mountain Goat||The Reunion|
|Orca Whale (Swoosh)||The Mutation|
|Shark||Back to Before|
|Human (Male Fighter Pilot)||The Deception|
|Human (Navy Lieutenant)|
|Human (Visser Two's host Admiral Carrington)|
|Human (Male Soldier)|
|Mallard Duck||The Absolute|
- According to the Anibase, which can be downloaded here, Ax has a total 45 morphs in the series.
- Ax is only three or four Andalite years old, but because the Andalite year is so long and Andalites grow at different rates than humans, Ax is developmentally analogous to the other Animorphs.
- The average Andalite year is 84 Earth years.
- The Andalite homeworld is 82 light years away. (For all Animorph fans who love the series, they have found signs of life on a planet far away from our own galaxy. Guess how many light years away it is?)