Ad blocker interference detected!
Wikia is a free-to-use site that makes money from advertising. We have a modified experience for viewers using ad blockers
Wikia is not accessible if you’ve made further modifications. Remove the custom ad blocker rule(s) and the page will load as expected.
- This is a Disambiguation Page - a page that lists articles associated with the same title. If an internal link led you here, you may wish to change the link to point directly to the intended article.
Blobs, sometimes referred to as Blobforms are amorphous solid organisms, and are generally considered a species type rather than any specific species, in a similar fashion to the word "worm". As such, there are many blobs found throughout the universe. Blobs differ from similar types of amorphs, however: beings such as Slimes are more likely to be more sloppy in form as well as oftentimes appear flatter in profile. Gels do not appear to have the same consistency as Blobs, and may also lack the often seen acidity of Blobs that is used as a digestive behavior. The word "blob" commonly refers to:
- The Blob from the 1958 movie of the same name;
- Blobs from Futurama;
- Blob of Gelatinous Muck, a one-shot creature from Calvin and Hobbes;
- Blob Thrower from Metroid II: Return of Samus;
- Blobby from an obscure, short-lived toy line from the 1980s called Outer Terrestrial Creatures;
- Boyon from the Metroid series;
- Gloople from the flash game, Amorphous +;
- Maw, extremely voracious blobforms from The Maw;
- Neural Parasite from Star Trek;
- Umgah, a species of unintentionally cruel pranksters from Star Control;
- Umgullian Blobs from Star Wars;
Similar Species Edit
There are also many species similar to Blobs, but do not quite fit the description. Some of these might be considered, instead, Slimes or Gels, others simply have a similar amorphous body that shifts throughout itself in a similar manner while not being simply single-celled. Some are races that would be considered blobs if it were not for a more humanoid form. These include:
- Flitt, a species of amoebic amorphs from Metroid;
- Fludentri, a species built out of a polymerized liquid that works similar to a blob from Ascendancy.
- Horta, a silicon-based "blob" from Star Trek;
- Jelly-bladder Plant, a species of huge flora that resembles a blob but is in fact not one from Expedition / Alien Planet;
- Koozebanian Spooble, a species of slime from The Muppet Show;
- Magdollite, a species made out of magma that could be confused for a blob to the untrained eye from Metroid;
- Metroid, a species that could be mistaken for a hovering blobform from the series of the same name;
- Mochtroid, a failed clone species built from Metroids from Metroid;
- Petrasyl from Metroid;
- Polymorph, a shapeshifting species from Ben 10;
- Protost, a massive gelatinous being from Ben 10;
- Shoggoth, from H. P. Lovecraft's fiction, is one of the earliest examples of this kind of alien
- Trisolian from Futurama.