Ad blocker interference detected!
Wikia is a free-to-use site that makes money from advertising. We have a modified experience for viewers using ad blockers
Wikia is not accessible if you’ve made further modifications. Remove the custom ad blocker rule(s) and the page will load as expected.
|Abilities||Superhuman sense of smell, strength, stamina, durability, Regenerative healing factor
Immortality, Genius level intellect
|Affiliation||L.E.G.I.O.N.; Young Justice; Justice League; Church of the Triple-Fish God; R.E.B.E.L.S.|
|Behind the Scenes|
|Created by||Roger Slifer; Keith Giffen|
Lobo, whose name means "one who devours your entrails and thoroughly enjoys it," is the last of his people for one reason: he killed them all. He hailed from the planet Czarnia which was a virtual paradise that knew nothing of war and the Czarnians were almost immortal. When Lobo was born, his evil was so frighteningly apparent, the nurse who delivered him went insane. Lobo knew he was one of a kind, but he wanted even more. Inspired by the idea of genocide, Lobo created a swarm of lethal scorpion-like creatures, he set them on his people wiping out his entire species but himself. He claimed it was a science project and gave himself an 'A'. Since then he has travelled the galaxies collecting bounties. Despite of his ruthless nature, Lobo has a strict code of honor when it comes to these agreements. Along the way he has met and battled a number of superheroes. Omega Men Lobo played an important role in the Citadel War, in his capacity as a bounty hunter. He was hired by the Citadel's human agent Harry Hokum to capture the Euphorian known as Kalista in a bid to learn the secret behind her home world's planetary shield. Along with fellow bounty hunters Bedlam and Berserk, he raided the mothership belonging to the Omega Men, where upon he engaged in combat with Kalista. Soon after, Harry Hokum hired Lobo once again, this time to assassinate the Omega Men's interim leader Tigorr. Lobo never had the opportunity to complete the contract however. After the Citadel War ended, Lobo was then hired by Kalista's husband Primus to help them infiltrate a Citadel prison facility and free several of Primus' captured allies. During the prison break, Lobo killed the supreme commander of the surviving Citadel military forces.
Justice League Lobo made his first appearance on the planet Earth when he was hired by Manga Khan to take out the newly formed Justice League. Lobo hung around, pretending to be a friend, waiting for the right moment. But before he could act, Manga Khan canceled his contract. L.E.G.I.O.N. For a such a fierce bounty hunter and a loner, Lobo still held a few surprises under his brash exterior. He would prove to be more a team player than anyone would think. He kept a secret pod of pet Space Dolphins that he cared for. When one of the dolphins was killed, Lobo tracked the perpetrators to Vril Dox II's newly formed band of freedom fighters, the L.E.G.I.O.N.
Lobo single handily crippled the entire team, but was halted by Vril Dox II, who offered to provide protection for the Space Dolphins in exchange for Lobo's service in the L.E.G.I.O.N. Lobo accepted and accompanied the new team to Cairn, known galaxy wide as the "drug world." There the team dismantled the drug lords' empire by sheer brains and brawn. Vril Dox II also took advantage of Lobo's ability to multiply, which helped them destroy the remainder of Cairn's opposing rulers. During this mission, Dox secretly poisoned Lobo and his clones. Lobo was depowering, lost his ability to multiply, and his clones were destroyed. It was later revealed that one of Lobo's clones escaped to the planet Kannit.
During Lobo's service in the L.E.G.I.O.N., it was clear that he held no personal love for any of his teammates. He followed Vril Dox II's orders out of some sense of honor, but did not hesitate to break both of Garryn Bek's legs. But even Vril Dox II was not immune. When Vril Dox II was raped and killed by Stealth, he too was cloned. Lobo took advantage of Vril Dox II's vulnerability and attempted to kill the clone in order to be free from his pact.
Lobo was sent on an undercover mission to bring down a formidable opponent: the space pirate Dagon-Ra of the planet Trom whose natives have the power to transmute matter. He joined Dagon-Ra's crew and lead a successful mutiny against him.
Lobo's was never committed to the L.E.G.I.O.N. as he still accepted other contracts whilst working for Vril Dox II. He traveled back to Earth, this time to kill Despero, again for Manga Khan. He however discovered that the Justice League] had already defeated the villain and instead, delivered him to Manga Khan.
Miss Tribb When Vril Dox II later hired Lobo to transport a prisoner to him safe and alive, Lobo thought that the transport normally wouldn't be more than a boring job. It turns out the prisoner in question is not only the person who wrote the book on Lobo, but was also his fourth grade teacher, Miss Tribb. The Legion Of Decency, a group of old women who want to kill Miss Tribb for writing such a nasty book; a group of truckers, after an altercation at a truck stop; the Dnedia Police S.W.A.T. Team after Lobo killed their chief; and the Pan-Galactic Demolition Dance Company after having to get Miss Tribb from their show and slaughtering many of their dance troop were among the groups of enemies Lobo were being tracked by. The only people on his side were a gang calling themselves the Sons of Lobo, not that he cares or even knows.
While each of the groups have their reasons for wanting Lobo and Miss Tribb dead, he eventually falls into the hands of The Orthography Commandos who seek to remove the ignorant and functionally illiterate from the universe. They have a special way of eliminating these so called unwanted by holding a spelling bee. Lobo was smarter than he lets on, especially when he’s given words to spell that he likes, such as "Genocide", for example. Things go his way until he makes the mistake of telling these people that Miss Tribb is a teacher. Eventually, Lobo loses his patience with these people and kills them all. Unfortunately, after this situation was sorted out with violence, he contacts Vril Dox II and tells him he’s taking a vacation on Revel-7. He does this over an unsecured line and it draws everyone to him like flies.
One world wide riot and massive body count later, Lobo delivers Miss Tribb to Vril Dox II, alive and well, but as soon as Vril receives the old woman, Lobo fixes things so that he is, once again, is the Last Czarnian. 52 Lobo eventually turned his back on his violent ways and became an archbishop in the First Celestial Church of the Triple Fish-God. He became a protector of sorts to a massive colony of refugees from Sector 3500 and also gained possession of the Emerald Eye of Ekron.
He happened to arrive in an asteroid field just in time to kill Devilance, rescuing Animal Man, Adam Strange, and Starfire, who were stranded in space. Starfire negotiated a deal with him, in which he would help them out of their predicament if they helped him with his problems. After helping the heroes defeat Lady Styx, he brings the Emerald Eye to the triple-headed fish god, who agrees to release Lobo from his vow of non-violence in exchange. When told that the Emerald Eye is the only thing that can kill the fish god, Lobo blasts him with it.
One Year Later After the battle on Apokolips, Lobo's soul was sent to Hell. Lobo's suffering was enough to power Neron's entire region of Hell. When the demons; Etrigan and Blue Devil and went on a rampage through Hell to seek revenge on Neron, they accidentally freed Lobo from his prison. In order to buy time to fully recover before battling Czarnian, Etrigan stole Blue Devil's soul and told him he would have to fight Lobo to get it back. Lobo however during his rampage through the underworld cut off the magician Zatara's head, which angered his daughter, Zatanna who out of revenge sent him to the Abyss. Brightest Day Lobo appeared on Earth to capture a bounty on the Red Lantern Atrocitus's head. After battling Hal Jordan, Carol Ferris and Sinestro, he left without finishing his job. The mystery of his retreat is revealed as the fight was all staged by Atrocitus in order for the latter to gain the trust of the New Guardians. As a payment, Lobo was given a Red Power Ring. R.E.B.E.L.S. Still using the Red Power Ring, Lobo was recruited by Vril Dox II, who requires his help battling Brainiac and Pulsar Stargrave. Due to the fact that the Space Church that Lobo oversaw was spending more money than it was taking in, Lobo needed to work for Vril Dox as his personal enforcer. Even losing his Spacehog, Lobo saves the planet Colu, but Brainiac and Pulsar Stargrave escaped. Lobo later battled Altin Ad'Ms, the Green Lantern of Sector 2828, to a stand still. He was later tricked into thinking that there was another Czarnian still alive, but Astrild Storm-Daughter, using pheromones to confuse Lobo, for this trick he later killed Astrild.
After tracking Astrild's origins to the Psion Homeworld he would go toe to toe with Smite, her friend and ally. The fight would only pause because Lobo was winning and wanted to get drunk instead of fighting. Lobo and Smite go to a bar and share a drink and war stories. He then explains to Smite he shouldn't be mad at him, he should be mad at Starro. Lobo and Smite then attack the now helpless Starro.
- Czarnian Physiology: Lobo is a humanoid with white skin and a demonic appearance, possessing sharp black outlines over his red eyes. Rumor has it that only a Czarnian could kill another Czarnian, however Lobo cannot be killed because he is banned from both Heaven and Hell.
- Immortality: Due to his healing factor and super strength, Lobo ages slower than most beings, however it is because he has been deemed so bad that he has been banned from heaven and hell that makes him immortal. He is also immune to the effects of disease.
- Invulnerability: Lobo is naturally indestructible, having taking blows from Superman with no damage and even taking planet destroying explosions without a scratch. He has shown that his invulnerability is limited against bullets in some occurrences and he is immune to some forms of magic.
- Regeneration: Lobo's species is known for their incredible healing and regenerative capabilities. This makes him able to regenerate limbs as well as regenerate in a pool of his own blood and heal from any injury sustained.
- Self-Sustenance: Lobo doesn't need to eat or drink, nor need to breathe, therefore he is immune to the vacuum of space.
- Superhuman Strength: Throughout is many incarnations, Lobo has demonstrated superior strength. It is shown that he is strong enough to knock out Superman with very little effort and can destroy entire planets with such strength.
- Superhuman Stamina: Lobo's stamina has been shown to be infinite, which means he cannot tire.
- Weak Point Detection: A form of psychic ability, Lobo has the ability to detect areas where he can deal the most damage to his enemies. It is believed this power doesn't work well with beings like Darkseid.
- Expert Combatant: Lobo has knowledge of various forms of martial arts used throughout the galaxy along with proficiency in hand to hand combat.
- Genius Intellect: Despite Lobo's all brawn and no brain attitude, he is a genius in terms of death and destruction. This has been demonstrated when he creates biological agents and the antidotes needed to counteract the effects, such as the agent he released on Czarnia.
- Weapons Expert: Being a bounty hunter, Lobo has an expertise in the use of various intergalactic armaments which he isn't afraid to use against his enemies.
- Spacehog: For traveling to other worlds, Lobo sports a customized SpazFrag666 which is known by many as "Lobo's Spacehog". Running on unleaded gasoline, the bike features a 17 liter power plant with 3 times the turbo and goes from 0-60 instantaneously. It's top speed is said to be several million kays per minute. Since Lobo has no need to breathe and can survive the vacuum of space, the bike features an opened cockpit and no breathing apparatus.