|System||23 Librae System|
|Known Cities||Nueva Lima|
|Technological Tier||Tier 3 (Presumed)|
Madrigal was once a thriving UNSC Outer Colony world located within the 23 Librae system, and in fact was the only planet within the system's habitable zone. In 2525 it was the closest of man's colonies to the colony world of Harvest, and in 2528 Madrigal followed Harvest to become the fourth known colony to be glassed by the Covenant during the Battle of Madrigal. Second Base and Green Hills were the two colonies who fell between the loss of Harvest and the loss of Madrigal.
- Citizens of Madrigal are referred to as "Madrigali".
- Most of Madrigal's population were apparently of Latino and/or Hispanic descent. This may be connected to the fact that the planet is named after localities in Spain on Earth, such as Madrigal de las Altas Torres and Madrigal del Monte, municipalities in Castile and León and Madrid, Spain.
- Ignatio Delgado and Maria Esquival were evacuated from the city of Nueva Lima when they were both 14 years old, immediately before the Madrigal was glassed. Their parents loaded them onto a cargo ship containing many refugee children.
- Ingnatio Delgado and Maria Esquival were 14 when the escaped; 14 divided by 2 equals 7 (Multiples of 7 is a common thing to find hidden in the Halo series).
- The Sangheili Thel Vadamee fought on Madrigal when the Covenant destroyed the colony.