New Gods are a powerful race originating from twin planets: New Genesis and the hellish Apokolips. Darkseid is the current king of the Apokoliptians.
Genesisians are related to the Right of the True Real-World Universe, while the Apokoliptians are related to the Left of the True Real-World Universe.
Powers & AbilitiesEdit
They possess many unique abilities.
- New God Physiology: These New Gods have evolved due to their close proximity to the Source, a primeval energy, believed to be one of the ultimate foundations of the Universal Expression of Energy, along with their superior technology, into beings of genetic stability and evolutionary perfection. The denizens of New Genesis are stronger, faster, and smarter than homo sapiens, despite their resemblance to the same. According to Alpha Lantern Kraken, the body of a New God is mostly energy and sublimes without a trace upon death.
- Superhuman Strength: New Gods are infinitely stronger than humans, able to break chains with their bare hands, send grown humans across a room with a single touch, and engage Kryptonians in combat.
- Invulnerability: New Gods are quite durable and able to withstand very harsh climates and attacks. They can withstand the full force of a Kryptonian's strikes and their heat vision without any ill effects. They are resistant to blunt trauma like punches, kicks, and blows from weapons like bats and maces, though not -completely- immune; unless the blows are dealt by a being with similar or greater strength, there isn't a chance of injury. However, this invulnerability does not extend to bullets, laser-blasts, or other piercing/slicing weapons - their invulnerability is more akin to that of an Amazon, rather than a Kryptonian.
- Healing Factor: New Gods heal far quicker and with much greater finality than Humans. They are immune to all illness and ailment.
- Longevity: New Gods live for eons before reaching seniorhood.
- Superhuman Mentality: New Gods are very intelligent and wise.
- Superhuman Speed: New Gods can move at teleportation-like speeds. They can catch up to a Kryptonian moving at superhuman speed.
- Superhuman Agility: New Gods are quite flexible and can jump to great heights.
- Empathy: New Gods can sense the emotions of other creatures.
- Power Sensing: New Gods can sense the abilities of other superhumans and how powerful they are.
- Resurrection: New Gods can bring dead beings back to life.
- Shapeshifting: New Gods can transform into a black mist and into a flock of crows.
- Possession: While in their mist form, New Gods can possess humans. The presence of a New God in a Human host is evident by solid black eyes.
- Heat Vision: New Gods possess powerful heat vision which they can direct and control to fire either strait or to move into different angles.
- Flight: New Gods can fly or levitate.
- Corruption: New Gods of Apokolips can use negative emotions in other beings to corrupt them and make them their slaves.
- Illusion Casting: New Gods can create illusions.
- Telekinesis: New Gods can move objects through sheer force of will.
- Super Stamina: New God stamina and endurance is nothing short of amazing. Due to the naturally exhausting and extensive rigors of their life on Apokolips or Stamina training on New Genesis, a New God is able to manage their stamina on a certain amount of rest and sustenance (more than minimal) so that it seems they are able to constantly function, though this is not entirely the case. Tied directly to their strength and invulnerability, even their immunity to a certain extent, they can actually function at peak efficiency for almost 48 hours before needing to eat and rest.
- Superhuman Reflexes: All New Gods, they have a highly developed nervous system. Their reaction speed and hand-eye coordination is superior to a normal human's. They can move fast enough to dodge a bullet before the gun fires and react with blinding speed.
- Superhuman Immunity: New Gods have an extremely evolved immune system. They have developed immunity to a number of toxins and diseases.
- Immortality: The New Gods are functionally immortal; they cease aging physically near the age of 30. Unless they fall in battle, they are immune to the ravages of time, and could easily live for thousands upon thousands of years.
- New God Powers: Almost each New God has an ability that goes beyond average physical ability, but it is not a mandatory concept its variable mostly among the higher level New Gods.
Radion: New Gods are vulnerable to a substance called Radion. Its source is unknown and its effects are toxic only in sustained amounts or after explosive exposure. The average New God can be slain by an application of Radion from a Radion blaster or bomb. More advanced beings such as Mister Miracle, protected by their mother box, armor, and sheer toughness have been known to take up to two hits and survive. Radion, must be hard to come by because if it was not, Darkseid would obviously equip more of his troops with it.