New Gods are a powerful race originating from twin planets: New Genesis and the hellish Apokolips. Darkseid is the current king of the Apokoliptians.
Powers & AbilitiesEdit
They possess many unique abilities.
- Superhuman Strength: New Gods are infinitely stronger than humans, able to break chains with their bare hands, send grown humans across a room with a single touch, and engage Kryptonians in combat.
- Invulnerability : New Gods are quite durable and able to withstand very harsh climates and attacks. They can withstand the full force of a Kryptonian's strikes and their heat vision without any ill effects.
- Healing Factor: New Gods heal far quicker and with much greater finality than Humans. They are immune to all illness and ailment.
- Longevity: New Gods live for eons before reaching seniorhood.
- Superhuman Mentality: New Gods are very intelligent and wise.
- Superhuman Speed: New Gods can move at teleportation-like speeds. They can catch up to a Kryptonian moving at superhuman speed.
- Superhuman Agility: New Gods are quite flexible and can jump to great heights.
- Empathy: New Gods can sense the emotions of other creatures.
- Power Sensing: New Gods can sense the abilities of other superhumans and how powerful they are.
- Resurrection: New Gods can bring dead beings back to life.
- Shapeshifting: New Gods can transform into a black mist and into a flock of crows.
- Possession: While in their mist form, New Gods can possess humans. The presence of a New God in a Human host is evident by solid black eyes.
- Heat Vision: New Gods possess powerful heat vision which they can direct and control to fire either strait or to move into different angles.
- Flight: New Gods can fly or levitate.
- Corruption: New Gods can use negative emotions in other beings to corrupt them and make them their slaves.
- Illusion Casting: New Gods can create illusions.
- Telekinesis: New Gods can move objects through sheer force of will.