According to Musa, there is a cave system called The Pandemonium Cave , a cave underground the Golden Auditorium where the sprites "live", which is filled with crystals. The sprites were mischievous creatures, whose screech can break a hundred glasses.
"Once upon a time, evil sprites were trapped in an elaborate system of caves. And every night, they try to escape."
The Pandemonium Sprites have a very loud and high-pitched screech that can destroy anything in their path. Other than their voices, they are very fast in moving. They also have the ability to run on walls.
These creatures looks like large rats/mice/opossums with pangolin-like brown scales on their backs and forearms and reddish brown acorn-patterned hats. They have prehensile hands, long tails and dark brown eyes. Their pale cream skin is covered with yellow warts and their screeches are like those of mice that suggests they might like living in dirty places.
In "The Golden Auditorium", Selina summons Pandemonium Sprites via Legendarium to "drown" the Winx with their screech. However, Musa and Tecna finds out that they must use music against them and earn their Bloomix to return them into their cave.
- Pandemonium is the name of the place where demons are said to live and is another word for Hell.
- Sprite is the name given to:
- A magical creature such as a fairy, an elf or a pixie.
- A spirit, a soul or a ghost,
- Musa plays the flute and uses its music to lead the Pandemonium Sprites to the Pandemonium Caves. This is a reference to the legend of the Pied Piper of Hamelin, who used his magic pipe to lure rats and later children from the town of Hamelin in Germany during the Middle Ages.
- "Pandemonium" literally means "noisy confusion" and "Sprites are mystical creatures. This means that the Pandemonium Sprites are noisy creatures.