|Universe||Star Fox Universe|
|Moons||2+ (1 destroyed)|
|Gravity||Standard or near-standard|
|Atmosphere||Breathable (oxygen mix)|
|Climate||Varied: Mostly lush green forests, volcanoes, snowy mountains, and purple dusted mountains|
|Primary Terrain||Cape Claw, CloudRunner Fortress, Ice Mountain, ThornTail Hollow|
|Notable Species||CloudRunner, EarthWalker, Galdon, HighTop, Krazoa (extinct?), LightFoot, RedEye, SharpClaw, SnowHorn|
Sauria, also known as Dinosaur Planet, is a large planet inhabited by multiple tribes of dinosaur denizens. The climate is as varied as that of Corneria, with lush green forests, traversable volcanoes, snowy mountains, and purple dusted mountains. The ruling tribes are the EarthWalkers and the CloudRunners. The CloudRunners and EarthWalkers "do not see eye to eye", as stated by the CloudRunner Queen.
Notable biomes include Cape Claw, CloudRunner Fortress, Ice Mountain and ThornTail Hollow.
The beings referred to as “Krazoa spirits” created four SpellStones, full of dark matter that absorb the energy of the planet and hold it together, as it is not capable of holding together on its own like most planets, suggesting that the planet itself might be artificially created or that it went through a catastrophe in its past. Two force point temples, Ocean and Volcano, were built to keep the SpellStones. The infamous General Scales of the SharpClaw Tribe took the SpellStones, and hid them within the places where the Krazoa first created them. The planet was torn apart by this, but luckily, Fox McCloud saved the world by returning the SpellStones to their temples. However, while the planet did stop cracking apart as a result of the SpellStones being placed within the temples, it did not cause the pieces of the planet to return to the main body, due to the need of the Krazoa spirits to fix the planet. The crisis was completely averted and the planet completely restored after Fox managed to restore the Krazoa spirits to the temple, as well as defeating Andross, the true cause of Sauria's catastrophe. Sauria is the only planet whose denizens speak a language different than the rest of the Lylat System. The language is Dino, later known as Saurian.
Eventually, Sauria was attacked by the Aparoids. Some of its inhabitants tried to fight back, with a number of them paying the ultimate price for their efforts. Luckily, Star Fox managed to destroy the Aparoid Hatcheries and repel the Aparoid invasion of the planet. It could be speculated that most of the native population had escaped into the forests to avoid harm, but the local resistance forces suffered terrible casualties. In addition, there were immeasurable amounts of lost history due to many of the ruins across the planet being destroyed during the battles. However, the destruction level of the planet was reported at A, perhaps indicating that it suffered greatly.
Little to nothing is known about the fate of this planet but it could be assumed that, since the Aparoid attack was short lived, the planet was able to recover.
List of Saurian LocationsEdit
- ThornTail Hollow—ThornTail Hollow is home to the ThornTail (Nodosaurus) tribe, the warp stone, and refuge to the Queen EarthWalker. It is a valley with steep sides, surrounded by thick evergreen trees, and a river sweeps through it. The ThornTail Store is also located here, where a sly, legless dinosaur known as the ShopKeeper will sell Fox items for Scarabs, the official currency of Sauria.
- Cape Claw—This tropical cape is home to a HighTop (Apatosaurus) and refuge to the Queen CloudRunner. It is also the entrance to the Ocean Force Point Temple. This slice of paradise has lovely sandy beaches, many leafy palm trees, and beautiful water falls.
- LightFoot Village—This mist-shrouded marsh is home to the mysterious LightFoot tribe. A great wall surrounded by a forest hides the village from plain sight, as well as the Krazoa shrine that lies within. Here, Fox competes against MuscleFoot in the Test of Strength.
- CloudRunner Fortress—A great palace broken off from the main planet, and home to some of the CloudRunner Tribe (Pteranodon). It is turquoise, surrounded by cliffs, and in ruins from attacks by General Scales. He entered here to steal the riches hidden in the CloudRunner treasure room.
- SnowHorn Wastes and Ice Mountain—The SnowHorn (aka, Woolly Mammoth) tribe call this beautiful tundra home. Ice Mountain is a steep glacial place, where Fox first meets Prince Tricky. He also rescues Garunda Te, the gate keeper of DarkIce Mines.
- Moon Mountain Pass—This is a strange and ghostly valley that formed when Sauria's second moon crashed into the surface, bringing alien life and the SharpClaw to Dinosaur Planet. It is the location of the discovery of Krystal and the Krazoa Spirits. It is filled with blue, porous rock, large pinkish plants, and plantlike creatures.
- Volcano Force Point Temple—Filled with the burning ashes of the great ruins. It is surrounded by lava, red crystals, and flaming bat-like creatures.
- Dragon Rock—This is the location of the Drakor and one of Scales's bases. It is a mutated land of mahogany and crimson, filled with strange creatures. The CloudRunner who assisted Krystal is trapped here along with an EarthWalker and HighTop. It is basically a circular area.
- The Walled City—Home to most of the EarthWalker (Triceratops) tribe, it is surrounded by steep cliffs, shimmers with a sparkling river, and is the temporary territory of the fearsome RedEye.(aka, Tyrannosaurus Rex) Here, there are towering pyramids, temples to the sun and the moon, and the Great King of The EarthWalkers. The city was a very dangerous place when the RedEye dominated it.
- Krazoa Palace—Home to the Krazoa and the base of the reconstructed Andross.