The Shofixti Scout is the lowest-ranked out of all Alliance ships, due to having a small amount of fuel and the smallest crew possible out of the entire Alliance lineup, making it a vessel that can be easily destroyed in combat. It also only has a fair refueling speed and its weapon, the Mendokusai Energy Dart, produces the lowest damage of all Alliance ships. And even though its Glory Device can do a sizable amount of damage to an enemy vessel, it also totally destroys the Scout and its crew in the process.
On the flip side, its special ability, the Glory Device, can wipe out quite a bit (or all) of an enemy crew, it is a fast-moving ship, its weapon has a long range, and it’s the cheapest to build out of all Alliance ships during a full game.
- Alignment: Alliance of Free Stars
- Crew size: Lowest
- Fuel amount: Very low
- Refueling speed: Fair
- Thrust: Very high
- Turning speed: Very high
- Ship speed: Very high
- Weapon range: High
- Weapon damage: Lowest
- Special power: Glory Device
- Cost to build (full game only): Lowest
- The C button on a Sega Genesis controller has to be pressed three times in order for the Glory Device to detonate. For all other special powers on any kind of ship to be activated, only one press of the C button will work.
- Arial “kills”, in real life, are marked on a plane right below the cockpit, usually with the flag of the country of origin that the downed pilots were fighting for. Due to the Shofixtis resembling squirrels found on planet Earth, the Scout ships have "kill paws" below the cockpit. The Shofixti Scouts’ "Glory Device" is also reminiscent of the actions of Kamikaze pilots during the second World War on planet Earth from two centuries before.