Ad blocker interference detected!
Wikia is a free-to-use site that makes money from advertising. We have a modified experience for viewers using ad blockers
Wikia is not accessible if you’ve made further modifications. Remove the custom ad blocker rule(s) and the page will load as expected.
- This article is about the species from the Spider-Man universe. For the creatures from Hal Clement's novel please go to Symbiote (Needle). For symbiotic species in general please visit Category:Symbiotic Species
The klyntar are a peaceful spiecies that turn aggressive during a bondin prosses with a host who has a mutation or mental disorder. They dislike there evil counterparts and their leader the synoptic. So they should chose their host more carefully.
|Homeworld||Planet of the Symbiotes|
|Language||Depend on the Host|
|Behind the Scenes|
Symbiotes (Alien Symbiotes or Living Costumes) are a sapient species of amorphous neural parasites which must genetically bond to other organisms in order to survive and evolve.
Physiology & Biology Edit
Temperament & Needs Edit
Symbiotes are a naturally violent species; giving way to murderous urges on a regular basis, causing them and their hosts they may be bonded to be considered extremely deadly adversaries to contend with. This bloodlust seems to delve into the physical need, as well, as the symbiotes will sometimes feed upon their hosts to sate their lust for blood, feeding on organs including but likely not limited to brains and spleens. This is apparently due to their requiring the chemical phenethylamine in order to stay both healthy and sane, which is found abundantly in two sources on the planet Earth: chocolate and Human brain tissue. This seems to cause the host to be forced to either buy or steal large amounts of chocolate or become an unwilling cannibal that devours the brains of its kills.
Their species reproduce asexually, budding off suddenly into a second Symbiote when they've consumed enough "nutrition". However, a Symbiote will immediately forget its offspring since they naturally will have nothing to do with one another from that point forward.
While Symbiotes are incredibly powerful organisms which are nearly impossible for a host to remove without aid of any sort, they are subject to a multitude of natural weaknesses. These include sensitivity to intense sound and heat (especially large fires), and are weakened by magnesium. They have also been found to be vulnerable to the heat produced by high-voltage electricity. Other weaknesses include chemical inhibitors, the lethal touch of a criminal named Styx, advanced healing factors, and an antidote formula developed by Tony Stark that was a viral organism based upon the Symbiotes by Doctor Doom as a biological weapon.
Unfortunately for other species involved, with each new offspring created their species evolves, not only increasing the strengths but also reducing their sensitivity to weaknesses. In inclusion to this is that already existing Symbiotes may one day mutate and develop resistances or even immunities to weaknesses that they formerly were subject to. Luckily, however, immunity to weaknesses seems to be extremely rare.
Powers & Abilities Edit
Symbiotes feed on adrenaline, and in exchange they offer their hosts various powers that generally include:
- Superhuman Strength: Symbiotes greatly strengthen the muscle capacity of their hosts. This allows hosts to perform amazing superhuman feats of physical strength. Normal Humans are no threat to Symbiote hosts in terms of physical strength as hosts can manhandle and kill them with ease. Venom has been seen to lift cars and motorcycles with ease and toss them across long distances and even through brick walls.
- Superhuman Speed
- Superhuman Agility: Their superhuman leg muscles allow host to jump up to twenty feet in a single bound. The Symbiotes also seem to inhance the capacity of the host's flexibility.
- Superhuman Endurance: The Symbiotes strengthen the bones, organs, and tissues of their hosts as well as greatly retard their bodies' ability to produce fatigue toxins. This allows hosts to endure great physical attacks without much injury and to exert themselves for prolonged periods of time witout tire.
- Superhuman Mentality : The effects of the user who came in contacts of these life forms can amplify the darker qualities of human qualities such aggressiveness, anger, and cold-hearted actions.
- Healing Factor
In order to provide this, however, the symbiote must cover its host with itself, effectively forming a full-body suit. Symbiotes also appear to extract the DNA of their hosts, and modifying their own DNA in the process; this would explain how they obtain the powers of superhuman organisms simply by attaching to them Other powers known to be garnered from being bonded to a symbiote include the ability for transformation and mass-alteration.