Trolls are a race of aliens in Homestuck from the planet Alternia, which exists in a separate universe. They were introduced as a group of twelve internet trolls, who often bothered the kids on Pesterchum, before being revealed as literal trolls. They are the protagonists of Hivebent, the first half of Act 5.
Trolls are known for their gray skin and candy corn colored horns which vary in shape amongst individuals of the species. They have black lips, yellow nails, and yellowish-orange eyes with grey pupils that fill in with their blood color as they age. All trolls have black hair.
Notable Features Edit
- Troll blood color varies on the individual level and is used to determine a troll's social class. The twelve natural blood colors are, from lowest to highest, burgundy, bronze, yellow, lime, olive, jade, teal, cerulean, indigo, purple, violet, and fuchsia.
- Lowblood trolls have a very high chance of developing psionic powers, but live shorter lives and are more susceptible to injury. Psionic powers can develop in highbloods, but it's very rare.
- Highblood trolls have very long lives and are very resistant to injury, as well as being physically stronger to some extent. (Equius Zahhak is an edge case. Highbloods are strong, but not THAT strong.)
- It is stated that the Limeblood caste was hunted to extinction.
- There exists one non-natural blood caste among trolls, only possible through genetic mutation. This mutation causes bright red blood, as seen in humans.
- Trolls are a violent, anger-prone conqueror species. Highblooded trolls are generally more violent than lowbloods.
- The highest two blood castes are amphibious.
- There are only ever two fuchsia bloods in existence at any given time: The Empress and the Heiress to the Throne.
- In a trailer for Etrian Odyssey III, the characters' names for Advanced Character Creation were named Terezi, Kanaya, Gamzee, Equius and Karkat, a blatant reference to the trolls of the same names. It's also worth noting that in the previous shot, the 'Zodiac' subclass had been chosen.
- With the exception of Karkat and, correspondingly, Cancer, the order of the trolls on the hemospectrum is the same as the order in which the zodiac signs cycle, i.e. Aries, Taurus, Gemini, (Cancer), Leo, Virgo, Libra, Scorpio, Sagittarius, Capricorn, Aquarius and Pisces. In addition, this is exactly the same order of the trolls' trolltags on the ChumpRoll from top to bottom, as well as the transportalizers to each troll's section of the lab, shown in Alterniabound, with Aradia's sign beginning the cycle near the 11 o'clock position.
- After being asked if he was going to introduce another 12 trolls, Andrew jokingly declared all of the fantrolls canon. All of them. Yes, even the shitty ones.
- Previously, the stories of the ancestors were described as "troll fanfiction", which would also make them fantrolls.
- Seemingly coincidentally, the trolls bear a strong resemblance to the Dremora from the Elder Scrolls video game series. Both races have grey skin, yellow eyes, shaggy black hair, and horns, both reside in a caste-based warrior society in another dimension, and both make use of the Daedric Alphabet.